Friday 28 June 2013

schools out for summer???

another HARD day, kids broke up for the summer holidays, I had to make the agonising decision to keep my son back for another year in primary school, as in all honesty he has lost the last 6 months of his education, it wasn't an easy decision to make, and hes being so grown up about it! but nothing could have prepared me for picking him up, so many tears connor & all his friends, the harsh realisation that his Friends are going to high school and he isn't .........he feels left behind :( now I feel totally, utterly shite..........its so hard being a mum, but let me tell you being a mum & a dad in this situation feels like hell on earth on days like today.............now theres long weeks ahead and its down to me to make summer special, thats not an easy task as everywhere on the island we have been, and I dont want the whole summer to be filled with 'we came here with daddy' .....its just not easy!!! its not easy AT ALL!!!!!!!! ........more positive news in that I am focusing on the future, opening a new shop in stornoway, I was sat on the windowsill in the shop yesterday thinking 'this is it!....this is the brighter future' ......and I know alot of people think I am bonkers, but for me, moving forwards seems logical, I am so scared if I look back I will fall to pieces, why the hell did he leave us like this? what did any of us do to deserve this? its hard, its so hard!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment